Join us on June 29, 2013 for the Summer Edition of the Grand Rapids Urban Adventure Race in beautiful Rockford, a short run, bike and paddle northeast of Grand Rapids. It will feature canoeing on the scenic Rogue River, biking on one of the best trail systems in the state, fun but not too difficult map-reading/orienteering and the usual Amazing Race challenges. Choose the 4-hour or 6-hour version.
This is the least expensive sprint-class adventure race in the Midwest and the only one to include Amazing Race-like challenges (this is the only sport that calls a 4-hour race a sprint!).
- Date: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 8:00 am (6:30 am for 6-hour)
- Location: Rockford, MI, just northeast of Grand Rapids
- Length: 4 hours or 6 hours
- Disciplines: mountain, gravel or road biking, running/trekking, river canoeing, Amazing Race-type challenges, and orienteering with basic compass use (free clinic provided; date TBD)
- Divisions: 2-person male, 2-person female, 2-person co-ed
- Cost: $70 per person, 4-hour; $140 per two-person team ($30 canoe rental included).
- Lunch: Corner Bar’s world-famous chili dog/veggie dog bar, included
- Here’s what you get:
- Short-sleeve tech shirt
- Canoe rental
- Gift cards and gear to the top teams in each division and raffle winners
- Charity partner: 20 Liters. GR-based 20 Liters is committed to creating access to clean water to the 1 billion people who lack it. Learn more at www.20liters.org.
- Register here