Millennium Park will be the start and finish of an epic four hours of adventure racing on May 19, 2012. One of the largest urban parks in the nation won’t be massive enough for this race though. You’ll be heading in every direction of the compass, facing these challenges:
- Canoe Lake Leota looking for flags. Will you and your teammate work like a pair of synchronized swimmers, piloting your boat in a fluid, effortless motion? Or… well, we won’t even describe the other possible scene. Marriage counselors are standing by (and perhaps a free paddling clinic before the race if there’s enough interest).
- Bike through gorgeous marshes and wooded trails, on as much rough stuff as we can find but plenty of wicked fast pavement too.
- Conquer Amazing Race challenges, the “signature” of the race, that will test your body and mind – but not too mental. This is supposed to be fun after all.
- Maneuver through beautiful forest and city with a compass. Intimidated? We’ll help you master the compass in ten minutes at one of our clinics.
- Hunt for 30-50 flags hidden throughout the race course.
Our charity partner for this race is Catherine’s Health Center, a free clinic providing health education, screening, treatment and referrals to the uninsured and underserved residents of Northeast Grand Rapids.